Not just for beauty. When you buy sapphire jewelry, you also get yourself a whole world of other properties. This precious stone offers a variety of traits and qualities.
Here are 10 facts you didn’t know about Sapphire that will make you want to buy it even more! Let’s start at the beginning, shall we?
- The name Sapphire comes from the Greek word Sappheiros, meaning: blue color. Although it is usually blue, it can also be found in other colors (except red).
- Its unique traits - hardness (second only to diamond) and mesmerizing deep-blue color, were an inspiration throughout history to kings and emperors, fortune tellers, romantic lovers and healers. All of that created a mystical aura around the sapphire.
- Sapphire can serve as your lucky charm - as it is also known as the “stone of prosperity” - attracting gifts of all kinds and accomplishing dreams and desires.
- Sapphire has the ability to release mental tension, depression, unwanted thoughts and confusion.
- Sapphire restores body balance, leveling the mental, physical and spiritual planes, bringing serenity and peace of mind.
- Connected to the throat chakra - blue sapphire helps self-expression, assisting in communication and speaking your truth and beliefs.
- It could also take you on a wild ride in your dreams as it triggers lucid dreaming.
- Sapphire represents the month of September, and it is the birthstone of the astrological signs of Taurus and Virgo.
- Since it awakens the energy of loyalty, honesty and devotion, the sapphire is also used in the design of engagement rings and romantic jewelry.
- The legend says that Helen of Troy owned a magnificent star sapphire, and Napoleon gave to his wife Josephine a seven-piece jewelry set featuring 29 sapphires.
As said above - not just for beauty. While you’re captivated by the deep blue color, remember that this breathtaking gemstone offers you a lot more “hidden gems”. Be sure to own them too!