Well, get ready to embark on a deep-red journey, because here 10 facts about this unique gemstone:
- The name Ruby comes from the Latin word for red - Ruber.
- Like sapphire, Ruby is a red variety of corundum, an aluminum oxide.
- The deep red color of Ruby comes from chromium.
- Ruby enhances passion and appetite for life. It boosts motivation and realistic goal-setting.
- It stimulates positive dreams and inspires joy, spontaneity and courage. Ruby allows you to take risks and embrace all of life’s challenges and experiences.
- With its piercing red, Ruby can be used to warm and energize auras. It can assist with healing infections, lower cholesterol, reduce blood clots, detoxify the blood and stimulate circulation.
- It will build up your confidence and help you feel more sexually attractive as it works actively within the sacral chakra.
- The work this stone does with the sacral chakra will also help you to boost your creativity and give it a voice.
- Ruby is the birthstone of the month of July, and it is associated with the astrological signs of Aries, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio and Sagittarius.
- Ruby is considered the stone of royalty. The legend tells that the Chinese Emperor, Kublai Khan, has offered an entire city in exchange for a huge Ruby.
If you’re looking to boost your energy, your zest for life and your motivation - Ruby is the stone for you.
If you ever dreamed of feeling like a royal, this can be achieved by wearing the deep red.